Skip to main content

Facts About the Water Cycle


Facts About the Water Cycle

Here is an easy way of teaching facts about the water cycle to your students. Please read the water cycle terms and their explanation beside them. 

Evaporation: s a type of vaporization of a liquid that occurs from the surface of a liquid into a gaseous phase that is not saturated with the evaporating substance. The other type of vaporization is boiling, which is characterized by bubbles of saturated vapor forming in the liquid phase.

Precipitation: The product of the condensation of atmospheric water vapor that falls under gravity. The main forms of precipitation include drizzle, rain, sleet, snow, and hail.

Condensation:  is the change of the physical state of matter from gas into liquid, and is the reverse of evaporation

Runoff:  is the flow of water that occurs when excess stormwatermeltwater, or other sources flows over the Earth's surface.

Vapor:  is the gaseous phase of water.

Transpiration: is the process of water movement through a plant and its evaporation from aerial parts, such as leaves, stems and flowers. 

Infiltration is the process by which water on the ground surface enters the soil. 

 Percolation: refers to the movement and filtering of fluids through porous materials.

These terms were sourced through Wikipedia and amended for younger children to read.

The facts about the water cycle are easy to understand the teach in the classroom.

This is an example of the water cycle which you can teach your students.






The clouds have condensed to much, that they released rain which has fallen into the Ocean, river, lake or body of water. This water is heated up by the energy from the sun and it evaporates into a vapour which begins to form clouds. Due to other atmospheric conditions, the clouds form into larger, heavier clouds and the pressure is released in forms of sleet, know, rain, and snow. The cycle continues around and around. 

To get your set of diagrams and clip art to make your own  Facts about the water cycle, please click on this link for purchase the set. My sets are very inexpensive and I hope you enjoyed this page. 

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Water-Cycle-Clip-Art-and-Diagrams-2833370
 Water cycle clip art and diagrams


Please subscribe and rate. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Creatives for Teachers

Hello Teachers and how is it all going for you. This is my site's name is Fun Creatives for Teachers. I am really pleased to offer a range of tips and tricks as well as excellent teaching products for your fun and please.

I have been teaching elementary or primary school for over 10 years, both as a full time teacher and relief or substitute teachers. Throughout this time I have also been heavily involved in Theater and Drama both on television and on stage. So as you can image my teaching has been heavily influenced by the 'dramatics' as well.

I live in New Zealand and have taught mainly in the Auckland areas, teaching a range of socio economic areas. I cut my teeth with those students who came from the lower socio economic classes and this is where I found my teaching style. I came to appreciate the hardships kids go through and their families. I have also taught very wealthy older students and adults drama and that was also an eye opening experience.

I have also had a t…

Creating Previews for Teachers Pay Teachers

How to create an animated preview for your Teacher Pay Teachers products or resources. These are now used by some Teacher Pay Teacher sellers on their Pinterest sites and now I discovered I can upload these to my Teacher Pay Teacher products as well.

I first discovered this from tptschool.com which also demonated how to create the files as well. But I thought I'd break it down into an easier to follow way.

Using the website gifmaker.me, simple follow the instructions below.


Instructions in How to Create an Animated Preview of Your Products

1.  Go to Upload Images and uploade your jpeg files. I have uploaded up to 20 with success.

2. You can view how your animated will look like in the top right hand side of the screen.

3.  Once you are happy with this, click on the button, 'Create GIF Animation'.

4.  After a short while the download will be ready. You will see a link which says 'View the GIF or Download the GIF. As I can already see what it will look like I tend to press…

$1.00 Worksheet Templates Unique and Original- So Fun to Do

Hey guys, for some reason I have an obsession with putting together interesting worksheets, so I've put some together in my shop Fun Creatives. I love hand drawn frames so I purchased some and also made some of my own and inserted them to make worksheet templates for sale in my shop.

I have also put together a set of blank task card templates which are very versitile and fun to use. I can't wait to use them myself.

More, more, more, I'm getting obsessed with making more. Keep tuned to my shop peeps as I'll be adding more!

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/My-Products/Category:291394https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/My-Products/Category:291394https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/My-Products/Category:291394https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/My-Products/Category:291394


Oh and not forgetting the new task card templates!!!